Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Packing & Goodbyes

Tomorrow is my last day in Alaska, atleast for awhile. Leaving the beautiful State which has been my home for the past eleven years is bittersweet. I will be saying goodbye to my wonderful friends, roommates, dog, church, career and a snowy Christmas, among other things... for an adventure, new friends, new language, warm weather and a lot of unknowns... I have so many amazing memories to take with me as I leave and begin a totally different chapter in a new country. I first visited Peru in 2010, and back then I left a piece of my heart in an orphanage in the city of Huacho. I've been back to Peru twice since then, but only for a few weeks at a time. I can hardly believe all that has happened these past two years to make this move possible, but I'm filled with joy and thankfulness. I'm ready for whatever is ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment