Saturday, December 1, 2012

On the road

My last evening in AK was so special. I got to spend it doing a worship night with friends. We have been meeting weekly, for what we called "Jamin's house of bread", for the past several months, and I can't think of a better way to end my time in Homer... I don't believe I'm done in that town yet; I love the beauty of the place and the people there way too much, but it is still goodbye for now.
As usual I had way too much last minute stuff to do, such as packing & storing away stuff, that I didn't go to sleep at all the last night home. One of my roommates was such a trooper and laid half asleep on the floor on the doggie pillow all night long, to keep me company. She is such a sweetheart and I hope she was able to stay awake at school and work the next day. You go down in my book as best roommate ever!!!! I will miss your company a lot JP.
Flew out on the first flight at 7:30 am and spent about 6 hours in Anchorage, making phone calls and writing some Christmas cards. My next layover was 5 hours in Seattle, where I made more calls and did a lot of walking back and forth at the airport to get the stiffness and swelling out of my legs. I never used to have this problem flying, but the past 3 years it seems to happen every time I fly.
I crossed the whole country and had another layover in Miami; this one was 8 hours long. I had never been to FL before and was considering leaving the airport and enjoy the warm weather outside, but didn't feel like going through security again, so I just stayed inside. As my last American meal I had French toast with berry topping for breakfast, and for dinner a bacon cheeseburger with sweet potato fries. It was delicious and I downed about 10 glasses of ice water. Unless I make my own ice, I won't be having it for awhile, so I thought I should get it out of my system today...
I have known for the past couple years that I wanted to come back to Peru for an extended time, and it is almost unbelievable to me that the day is finally here. There are still so many uncertainties how it will all work out, but I am not worried. I was talking to my mom on the phone today, and we were both amazed about the overwhelming peace both of us are experiencing. If you know my mother, you know that this is truly a miracle, as she is normally the biggest "worrywart" in the world. I know that this perfect peace is coming from my heavenly Father, and I am so thankful He has my life in His hands. He is going ahead of me, and not matter what will happen, He will be right there with me. I serve such a trustworthy God! He is worth everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment