Sunday, January 12, 2014

11 hours!!

I can hardly believe I slept 11 hours last night!! I guess I had almost 2 nights of sleep to catch up. Went to the orphanage, but the lady who worked with the boys didn’t know me and wouldn’t let me in until I spoke with administration tomorrow. Since it was the weekend they are closed today. Boooo… At least I was able to see and say Hi to some of the kids through the little opening in the door. Saw several new boys I didn’t recognize. My friend came with me to look at a couple rentals. One was cute and super cheap; a partially furnished room with a shared bathroom, but no cooking allowed. There are tons of room for rent just like that, but if I am going to be here for a few years, I really want to be able to cook. Eating out and making sandwiches will get costly and boring after awhile. I think I will hold out for a real apartment.
After lunch I ran into my friend, the taxi driver, and he offered to drive me around to look for more rentals. I wrote down a bunch of new numbers to call. Tonight I am crashed out in my hotel watching the US channel. My brain is too tired to do anything else. The heat, the language, all the walking around wore me out!

No comments:

Post a Comment