Monday, January 13, 2014

Reunion with the kids

What an amazing day 3! Went straight to the orphanage this morning and after speaking with the administration about visiting the kids and wanting to set up English classes for their summer vacation, I was allowed in to see the girls first.
Oh, I can’t even explain how amazing it felt to see their little faces, hug and kiss them and how great it was to hangout out and help them with their math and word puzzle games.
It felt like Christmas, my birthday, New Years and Easter, all fit into one day! After spending some time with the girls, I went to see the boys and stayed until it was time for them to eat lunch. I am so very, very happy to have them back in my life. Eight long months without them was really hard, but now it’s like all that time almost vanished. The only dark cloud today, was that one of my favorite boys, whom I was really close with last year, has been moved to an orphanage in Lima. I will do my very best to find out if I can visit him. I also found out some of the kids have gone home to live with their families, and I would love to see if I can locate them and check on them. 
Spent some time this afternoon with my taxi driver friend, looking for rentals. I got pretty pink today, just from being outside a little. The temperature got a little hotter. When I was in Sweden a few months ago, going through old toys and things, I found a small wooden fan which I bought in Spain many years ago. I brought it with me and it sure came in handy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment