Thursday, January 16, 2014

Clean beginnings

I am so happy I could laugh out loud and so tired I could fall asleep right this minute. I spent most of the day scrubbing the place clean so I could stay here tonight. I also ran around in the department store and town market to get some things I needed. I need a lot right now to get started up in a new home, but I am prioritizing. Instead of trying to figure out how to get a bed delivered today, I just bought a small roll-up mattress that will work for a while. I've spent many years sleeping on a mattress on the floor, so I'll be comfortable enough. I also found some storage cubes, a clothes rack, mop, bucket and other cleaning supplies. It was great to be able to unpack my suitcases!

Tomorrow is my first English class with the kids, so after moving and unpacking I walked to the office supply store to get a bunch of notebooks. I told them I'm going to need 30 more by Saturday or Sunday for the Monday class with the girls. Excited to get started with classes again.

Since I still don't have any cooking abilities since there are no appliances in the apartment, I got some yogurt and bread for dinner tonight. It was a perfect first meal in my new home!

No comments:

Post a Comment