Sunday, February 2, 2014

Local girl?

A little old Peruvian lady asked me for directions today and because it was around the corner, I could actually help her! It felt so good to be asked and be able to respond. I felt it brought me one step closer to being a local girl. I know I'll never exactly "blend in", but I want to try to at least "fit in" with the people of this town.
At least by now, I am getting familiar to the police officers at the police station, especially after today. The boys had told me they had a game around 9:30 and at 11 at the police station so I got up early to be there for the first game. The police station has a walled in area, perfect for sports practice and during the summer break they have lots of activities for the kids. I think it is a great way for them to get to know the next generation of kids and build relationships with them too. 
When I arrived there were tons of kids practicing Karate, but no sign of any soccer games, so I asked a police officer about it. He informed me to come back at 11 am. Went back around 11 and waited around for about 20 minutes before leaving. This kind of thing happens all the time, so it wasn't a big deal except of course that I didn't get to hang out with the kids today. I am sure I will hear about the change of plans tomorrow. 


I was very surprised when I swept my floors today. Two days after I swept and mopped I had two handfuls of dirt in my dustpan again. I think I need to start closing my windows, to stop all the dust and sand from blowing in. I am surprised the dust can make it up to the 5th floor!

No comments:

Post a Comment