Thursday, March 6, 2014

End of summer performance

After teaching the girls this morning, I was informed they were going to have a dance performance later that afternoon, and they invited me to come back. They had told me to be there at 4 pm, but it didn't start until sometime after 5 pm, so I had plenty of time to hangout with the little ones and help with set-up too. It turns out it wasn't just a dance performance, but a celebration of all the different summer activities the orphanage had arrange, for example craft and art projects. All the bigwigs were there. Several children got to go before the audience and describe the project they had been involved in and show off the result. I was so proud of them, even the very shy ones did really well. I got to have two of the little girls in my lap the whole time. The boys had dressed up nicely too and they smelled clean and fresh. I was officially thanked as well, as the "English teacher". Ended up being there for about 3 hours tonight, and going home I felt like I was floating on a cloud from all the precious moments I got to share with them during that time.
Several of the workers have expressed that they hope I get to continue to come and help with the kid's English homework once school starts. I am hoping that is what will happen too.

No comments:

Post a Comment