Sunday, March 23, 2014

Four hours fun in the sun = pain

I was invited to watch a soccer game at a stadium this morning at 10 am. Had written down the address so I could tell a moto taxi where to take me, and I made my way there. My boy J, plays on a team with adults and other teenagers and they have a tournament during the summer months 
When I arrived, I realized I should have listened to the small quite voice that whispered "put on sunscreen" before I left my house. This was not the type of stadium with seats and shade that I am used to when I think of a stadium. It was a large grassy field, that's it... There had been a few clouds when I left home, but by the time I made myself comfortable on a spot in the grass, those clouds were nowhere in sight. 
I enjoyed a soccer game that was in progress, but there were no signs of my boy until I was just about to leave. His game ended up starting at 12 pm, so I stayed 2 more hours to watch... I moved his shirt around to cover parts of my arms and legs throughout the game, but will look horrible tomorrow. I am sure I will get blisters from this burn. I was also wearing sunglasses so I will have a nice raccoon look as well. The sun here is so much stronger than anything I'm used to on the Northern hemisphere...
The coach that had brought him from the orphanage allowed me to bring him back all by myself. I wish I had freedom to do things in the community more often. I would have loved to take him out to lunch before going back, but was afraid I would get caught and loose my good standing with the people in charge. I'm always a bit nervous that one day they will tell me that I can't come back anymore. 

No comments:

Post a Comment