Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Great aunt

I am a proud GREAT AUNT (!) to a 3 lb, 2oz baby girl. While I spent the past 4 days in Lima, lots was happening with my family at a hospital in Mississippi. For now, both my niece and baby are well, but for a while we didn't know if my niece or the baby were actually going to survive. We have all been on a crazy emotional roller coaster these last few days. 

so little and helpless

I did get a lot done in Lima. One night I ran into my Peruvian/Swedish friend whom I met last year. It's funny that you can run into someone in a town as large as Lima, but I guess we both spend most of our time in the same neighborhood... He was on his way home, but we went to his favorite restaurant and had a drink (coffee and juice). It was great to spend some time together and catch up. Ended up talking a lot about Swedish and Peruvian government and politics... I learned a lot that night. He also might be able to help me get a visa that would allow me to stay longer here. We talked for so long I think he might have missed his last bus home.
Caught the bus back home again today and spent the afternoon with the girls helping with homework. 

No comments:

Post a Comment