Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Great news from AK!

Haven't gotten to see the kids for a few days now, but wanted to give them time to settle into their new routines, and I have also had trouble catching the lady at the orphanage that I need to speak with to arrange for my future visits.
It's been kind of good to have a few days to get my affairs in order as well. I spent several hours yesterday sorting through last years receipts for tax purposes, and it was way overdue!
Today I found out that my house church in AK had collected $750 to go towards a young pregnant girl I know. The money will go toward vitamins, food, and eventually diapers, a stroller, baby clothes etc. She will know that God has not forgotten her! I can't wait to tell her that people as far away as AK cares about her and her baby.
I also went to an internet place and had the opportunity to watch most of the baby dedication from my home church. Several of my friends have recently had babies, and I was so thankful I was able to watch it online. It did make me miss them all so much more though. When I am in Lima this weekend I will try to catch up on the sermons online too... Helps me feel more connected to my church family at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment