Friday, March 14, 2014

VBS

My missionary friends from Lima came today and started doing a Vacation Bible Study with the kids. So many of them have all their emotional pain bottled up and have a faulty view of who they are and don't know how valuable they are. I loved that they were being taught truth today. My friends were teaching them about rejection and had the kids write down negative feelings they have. I hope they can begin to process these things before they become adults and get into relationships. No other person will be able to fill the wholes in their heart and soul. But that won't stop them from looking for it in every person they meet, unless God intervenes and heals them. I know this from personal experience.
Yesterday, I got play Santa Claus. I delivered the baby clothes I had scored in thrift stores in the States to two new young mothers. It was so fun, and I got to rock a baby to sleep too... sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment