Tuesday, February 12, 2013

English on the beach

When my English student came to pick me up to day in his cab, he told me it was too hot at his house to sit and study and suggested we go to the beach to get some fresh air. No complaints from me!!
We found a table with a parasol at the beach restaurant and ordered soda and some crunchy roasted corn snacks. It was definitely my favorite lesson to teach, overlooking the ocean and with a lovely breeze keeping us from melting. Afterwards he convinced me to climb the rocks and take some "tourist photos"...
At home this morning we were dealing with a family crisis and I tried being helpful despite my limited vocabulary. As we were watching our favorite game show tonight on TV, the tension let up a bit and we were all able to laugh and have some fun. I really love my Peruvian family and they have been such a blessing for me during my months here. I feel so safe and happy with them. Without them, my time here could have been a bit lonely.

No comments:

Post a Comment