Sunday, February 10, 2013

Las cucarachas 0 - Jessica 2

I have had 2 interactions with giant cockroaches in my room this past week. It isn't a new experience, since I lived on Maui for a few years, but it never is a pleasant experience. The first encounter happened shortly after I turned off the light after reading late one night. I had a trashbag by the door and I heard plastic rustling. First I thought I could ignore it and go to sleep, but then I started thinking of something crawling on my while sleeping and then I had to get up. I turned on the light, grabbed a flipflop sandal and began the hunt. I lifted up the bag and noticed the giant cockroach on the side of the bag. I don't know if it had been trying to dig its way in or what, but I knocked it off and with two hard whacks I squashed it on the cement floor. I don't mind small bugs much, but this one was the size of maybe 2 quarters, yuck!!
The next encounter was a couple of nights ago. I was watching an episode of Lost on my laptop and through the corner of my eye, I saw something squeeze underneath my door and run straight toward my bed. It only took me a couple of seconds to leap up, grab my flipflop (which I keep handy right next to my bed, thank goodness) and with another 2 hard whacks I squashed cockroach numero 2.
Cockroaches 0- Jessica 2. I am pretty sure this just the beginning of a long battle...

No comments:

Post a Comment