Friday, February 15, 2013

Market & Beach adventure

One of the reasons I came to Lima this weekend (besides visiting with friends and going to church), was so I could go birthday shopping for my little guy. He turns 15 in 10 days. H. walked with me to the big market and I found some clothes for him, but I think I need to exchange the shoes tomorrow. Everybody thinks they are too small for him. Sizes are so difficult here. People are so small and I am not used to buying kid´s clothes, but I like learning new things.
My friend H wanted to explore a new beach this afternoon and she had a name of one written down on a note to show taxidrivers. We thought it would be pretty close so we didn´t bring a lot of money. We were able to talk a driver down to 12 soles, but we weren´t going to have enough to get back, but we went anyways. The cab kept going and going, and we passed many beautiful beaches on the way, so we debated to have him drop us at any of those, but he said it was just a little further...When we got to the beach, the sun was gone and it was so windy we got sandblasted, but we stayed for about an hour anyways. Then we started walking towards home, so we could eventually find a cab to take us the rest of the way. I wear a pedometer and we walked about 3 miles until we could afford a taxi. It was a fun adventure and we saw nice places we would have missed otherwise.
Tonight a big team from Colorado is flying in to do ministry in Cusco for a week, so when they all went to pick them up at the airport I had the apartment to myself to catch up on phonecalls, e-mails, bank stuff etc. This weekend my roommates from  AK are vacating our old house and I am trying to make some arrangements from here. It is hard to not be able to do more, but I have such wonderful friends helping me out back there!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment