Saturday, February 2, 2013

Cowboys & Change of plans

I finally realized where the loud club music, that start playing around 7 am every morning, was coming from. Last night I went with some friends to check out the 2 gyms located in our neighborhood. I have tried to go there before, but found out they are closed every afternoon between 1pm and 4pm, and I guess those were the times I happened to walk by. Their workout classes start early in the morning - mystery solved!

Today during lunch, consisting of salad, papa fritas (fries) and chicken, I ate at a place overlooking the beautiful beach and ocean.  I noticed six horses and a group of men that must have been Peruvian cowboys.
They were dressed in white, big sombreros and brown ponchos, just like in the movies. Maybe they were doing a photoshoot or maybe a commercial. If I wasn't eating, I would have run home to get my camera. It was definitely a Kodak moment.

Lately I have noticed how much my old job was a bootcamp to get me ready for the unexpected and changes of plans I encounter here almost daily. For two years I went to work in the morning with a plan and to-do list, but almost everyday, things would happen that needed to be prioritized and adjustments needed to be made. Today was one of those days. For example, I had found a place to drop some laundry off the other day, so I gathered up my stuff to bring it there, but they were closed and I had to haul it back home again. Next, the boys had asked me to come watch them play soccer this afternoon, so I took a moto to the stadium, and waited, but they never came. Their schedule changes a lot, but they don't have a way to tell me. Had also made arrangements with the guardian of my boy to take them to a movie tonight, but we had to reschedule for another night. These things happen almost  almost daily and it could drive you crazy if you let it. I am thankful I have had a lot of practise to just roll with it.
Time to stick my earplugs in to drown out the neighbor's D onna S ummer marathon, and get some sleep. Tomorrow is another crazy, unpredictable day, I am sure...

No comments:

Post a Comment