Sunday, January 6, 2013

Beach day

It is a strange thing to look down at your legs and feet and not recognize them at all. I wonder at what point I should start worrying. When I fly far distances sometimes they swell up and it takes 3-4 days for them to get back to normal, but since this wasn't caused by air pressure I am not sure how long I should wait before seeking medical attention. I'll keep taking what pills I have and hope for the best.
Most of the team left this morning but two of them stayed behind for a few more days so I am not quite on my own just yet. Took it easy this morning and had fish and rice for breakfast with the family. I can't recall if I have ever had fish for breakfast before, but it was yummy. We took a moto (a motorcycle with a little bench seat in the back and a shell around it) to a beach about 15 minutes away and it was a nice beach. I am not a huge fan of shorebreak so I didn't go swimming although it was tempting. Could rent a parasol for about $1.25 and although I was stretched out in the sun for over an hour, I too eventually had to move my head into the shade. Coming there at midday was maybe a bold move. Later in the afternoon would have been perfect.
Went to church tonight and met the American pastor and his son. Mostly college students, skaters and surfers attend and a couple families. There were maybe around 20 people there tonight. Hopefully I will get to know them a bit over the next few months. I actually understood most of the message, and it helped that there was a PowerPoint presentation so I could both read and hear at the same time. According to the notice, service starts at 7pm, but found out that it is actually Peruvian time and it didn't get going until around 8pm. Good to know for next week. I wish there was a morning service so I didn't have to worry about being out at night, but will have to figure something out.

No comments:

Post a Comment