Friday, January 11, 2013

Pet chickens

I don't think I have mentioned that we have two pets living with us. When I first met them, they were tiny little fluff balls, that could both fit easily into my hand. They have now grown into, what I would call, teenagers. Most of the time they live in a box, but lately, they have been spending a lot of time in our bathroom. The other day I went to take a shower and moved the shower curtain, and there they were. Had to spend the next few minutes chasing them down and putting them in their box before I could get my shower. I am curious what it will be like as they grow older. Supposedly there is one male and one female. Does that mean we will be waking up to a rooster alarm clock sometime soon? Time will tell I guess. I have to say it is the oddest pet I have ever had in my house. Wouldn't mind some fresh eggs in the morning though!
Day 2 of English lessons went well, and I have to say the boys are impressing me with their focus and participation. Some of the girls are doing great too, but almost all the boys are very engaged, versus about half the girls. It is also a bit harder to to teach the girls b/c there are so many of them. I would like to sit down and do a lot more one-on-one, but maybe I will have more time for that later on.
Stayed behind after class and had some time with a few of the boys today. One of them laid down on the bench next to me and put his head in my lap and I stroked his hair. He stayed there for a long time and I almost thought he had fallen asleep. I wish all of them could grow up with a mom or a dad, or both, that loves them more than anything in the whole world. That they know how special and important they are. I know I can't change their living situation or family relationships, but I hope and pray they will soon know that their Heavenly Father feels that way about each and every one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment