Saturday, January 5, 2013

Making memories

Opened my eyes this morning and realized I could see the blue sky through a hole in the ceiling. This made me smile and even chuckle a bit. It is a very good thing it doesn't rain or I would have to move my bed to the other side of the room. I just hope that too many bugs and other critters won't find their way down... Slept really good, my new neighborhood is not as noisy as the apartment in Lima with its constant honking and other traffic noises, but I kind of regretted I went for the cheap firm mattress, because it turned out to live up to it's claim - FIRM. Almost felt like I slept on the floor, but I will eventually adjust to not having a foam top mattress anymore... I later noticed that every room has a whole in the roof, ventilation I assume with the biggest one in the bathroom over the shower. Won't have to worry about mold problems that way.
Yesterday I made a big mistake. I did two very quick squirts with the bugspray on my legs and ended up with about 30 bug bites on one leg and probably over 50 on the other (gave up counting after 40 something)... I have know idea what kind of poison those little buggers had in their fangs but throughout the day today, my legs started swelling pretty bad and they itch like crazy! If I ever go back to that Sayan I am covering myself with bugspray from head to toe. Could barely hobble from my bed to the lightswitch at bedtime on my balloon feet. Took some benedryl and asperin to try to reduce them to normal size overnight.
Besides the puffy leg issues I think this day goes down as one of my favorite days of all times. We took the kids to the park for the whole day. Played ball, walked around, ate lunch, made colorful string bracelets together etc. I got to spend a lot of time getting to know Jose better and some of the other kids too of course. I felt completely and utterly content and I couldn't think of anything else I would rather do or anywhere else I would rather be than where I was today. Seeing them smiling and laughing is the best feeling in the whole world.

No comments:

Post a Comment