Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Stocking up on school supplies

I don't know my way around town very well yet, so K took me to the market to help me buy a fan for my room and to a market full of school supplies where I bought over 40 notebooks/pencils and a few erasers and pencil sharpener. I LOVE notebooks and pens and could have stayed all day and spent all my money but only got what I really needed. It is nice to know where it is located if I, some day in the future want to get myself a little present though!
In the early afternoon we went to pick up the kids to go to the beach, like we had set up yesterday, but was told to come back again at 4pm, when the sun isn't so strong. Hung out with the boys a bit, trying to learn the cardgame they were playing, but it was too complicated for me to figure out without any verbal instructions...
Later we, or rather they (foot still a balloon), played more soccer on the beach. It is really sad how much trash is laying around on the beach. Bottles, plastic, diapers, wrappers etc. It was hard to find a spot to play that wasn't completely covered with litter. I am going to try to see if I can do some beach cleanup while I am here.
Said goodbye to my friends K&P, they are going back to Lima tomorrow morning to meet up with the team from Nome that are returning from Cusco in the afternoon. I will officially be on my own here! Sink or swim!

No comments:

Post a Comment