Saturday, January 19, 2013

Weddings

At the store yesterday I hopped on a bathroom scale in the bathroom isle and happily discovered I´ve lost 15 lbs in the past 6-7 weeks, despite a few ice creams and the heavenly chocolate mousse... I don´t cook much where I live now, mostly sandwiches and one bigger meal/day, and all that walking must have done it. An office job is probably one of the worst things for your health, sitting on your bum 8-9hours/day!
The weight loss inspired me to go running today, and oh my, what a difference to run with 15lbs less to haul around. Had to stop  sooner than I wanted because I had forgotten my water bottle and was afraid to overheat in the hot sun, but it was fun to be running again.
One of the reasons I cam back this weekend was to attend a wedding at Wilma´s church, but the groom pulled out last minute. I feel so sad for the bride, but I guess it is better it happened now rather than in a few months or years.
On a happier note, a super sweet couple in Homer got married today, and I wish I could have flown home for just one day and celebrate with them and their families and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment