Thursday, January 3, 2013

Last day in Lima

Tomorrow is my big moving day! I am so excited! Can't believe the day is almost here. I have been repacking my bags and exchanging money to get everything ready. It will feel so wonderful to actually unpack and get organized after living out of my bags for almost 5 weeks. The team is going in a rented van, but I am going on the bus with A early in the morning, since the van is full. Hopefully they can at least take one of my bags.
The 4 boys went back to the orphanage yesterday morning and I miss them a lot. It was so nice to have them here everyday. I really connected with Hector. We often did the dishes, cleaned the kitchen together and tried our best to talk to each other. I hope I see all of them again soon.
A lot of people are nervous about me moving to Huacho. I keep getting the advice to be careful, don't go out after dark, don't carry much money on you etc... I probably should be more concerned about this, but I have such peace about my move and as I was thinking about this new situation and was praying about it today, I opened up my Bible and my eyes landed on Luke 1:74-75, talking about our Messiah coming "...to rescue us from the hand of our enemies, and to enable us to serve him without fear in holiness and righteousness before him all our days." This is where my peace is coming from. What hope we have in Him!

2 comments:

  1. I remember one of our missionaries going to Afganistan and people being worried about him and his family. I will never forget what he said. "It is more dangerous to be out of God's will than in it" God will protect you. you know right where you are supposed to be. He will surround you with angels and protect you in all your ways. Can't wait to see what God does with you in Huacho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to hearing about where God leads you & what He brings before you in your journey.

    I pray for your safety, but only for my own selfish reasons. I have faith & trust in Him to put you where He wants you. And I know His will is all that matters.

    I love you little sister. I pray you will safely return to civilization and look forward to seeing you on your return. Kram! Let Him lead you always.

    ReplyDelete