Sunday, January 20, 2013

Swedish and Soccer

I think I found a "COTR -Lima" today. Went to church a about a 10 minute walk from the apartment, and from the moment I stepped through the doors, I felt like I was almost at home. Everything from the greeters, to the set-up and welcoming speech was so familiar and it felt so comfortable being there. Today happened to be a day with a guest speaker from the States, so I didn´t have to focus on translating and could just enjoy the message.
This afternoon, I was determined to watch a soccer game between Peru and Uruguay, but since the TV in the apartment was claimed for American football for most of the afternoon and evening, I walked across the street to a cafe and found a TV. I shared it with a businessman from Iquitos and we chatted a bit in Spanish. When he found out I was from Sweden, he called his friend who had lived there almost 30 years, and we spoke a little on the phone. Later he joined us at the cafe and I got to speak more Swedish while watching soccer. Double treat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment