Thursday, January 24, 2013

Trampoline fun

Life is good, what else can I say. After yesterday´s cancellation of a visit to one of the orphanages here in Lima, it was great to again spend some time with kids. All the older ones had classes when we arrived, so we got to devote all our attention on five little crazy, energetic boys. (Heaven!)
They have a huge trampoline at this place, it´s the nice private Christian orphanage I visited last month, and we jumped until we couldn´t jump anymore. It was hilarious to launch them high in the air. When we couldn´t jump anymore, we wrestled. I had lollipop in my hair, and all over my shirt from their sticky little fingers, but who cares?!
Ate lunch with the kids, and by then, the older ones were done with classes. Three out of the four boys that spend Christmas with us, were there, and I was so happy to see them again. We handed out candy, and toothbrushes that came all the way from Homer. Then it was time to head back to Lima, with our hearts filled with love... We piled 7 people in our tiny little car for most of the way back to Lima. A couple of us had to take a taxi past the police controls.
Tomorrow I am going back home to Huacho on the bus so packed up all my clean laundry, made a few last minute phonecalls and used the Internet tonight. I am more than ready to get back to my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment