Monday, January 7, 2013

Time with the kids

Spent time with the girls at the orphanage over an hour this morning. Trying to learn all their names; Yokira, Yolisa, Flor, Milagos, Sofia, Ruth, Alexandra, Alejandra etc...Came home with a stack of drawings I am going to put on the wall in my room. It will be fun to spend more time with them. K helped me speak with the director at the orphanage and we were able to set up my English classes, starting on Thursday. I get an hour with the girls and an hour with the boys in the mornings. Hurray!!
Later in the afternoon we picked up the boys and took them to the beach and played soccer in the sand. Well, they played, I watched, because my right foot is still terribly swollen. I have hopes for it though, because now the left one looks almost normal. The right leg had more bites so maybe that is why it still needs a few more days to shrink. A lot of the kids kept asking me, "how do you say... in English", and it is fun to see their hunger to learn and to communicate. I ask them how to say it in Spanish, so we are both learning. Got home right at dusk and took a cold shower before the water got shut off for a few hours. The whole town does this to save on water in the summer time. It was fun to see the sky through the ceiling, felt like being in an outdoor shower, except a little more private!

No comments:

Post a Comment